Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to the blog of the Phinney Neighborhood Association. My name’s Stu Witmer. I’ve lived in Seattle since 1974 and in the Phinney/Greenwood area since 1999. Since the end of January this year I’ve been the PNA’s Marketing Director.

The PNA is many things to many people. Even those who are familiar with us are surprised to learn of all the things we do. To list just a few there’s child-care, computer training, home tours, book clubs, folk music concerts, Spanish language classes, classes in sustainable living, an art gallery,a tool exchange, a soup kitchen a Farmers Market and more. Often when people begin to explain what the PNA is the parable of the blind people and the elephant often comes up. Each of us easily describes the parts we are closest to, but few can describe the whole. Hopefully, this blog, through the insights of everyone involved, will help describe the entire animal. It’s my hope that with this blog we will be able to share a good deal of that cornucopia with you. I say “we” because I anticipate having other regular contributors adding their unique insight to the mix.



In the last three months I’ve noticed a number of interesting items about our neighborhood and the PNA that haven’t fit in the established communications channels such as the quarterly Phinney Ridge Review newspaper and the monthly member newsletter. (By the way: if you’re a member and interested in receiving the newsletter electronically, let me know). I hope for this blog to be a place to share that sort of information and more. I would like to see some lively discussions in this blog, not just about the PNA, but also about anything that is part of the life and expectations of the people who live and work in this community.

Yesterday I made the inaugural entry with a post of the PNA Mission and Values statement. It seems like a very good place to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment