Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Do you see what I see?

As some of you know, I love to take pictures. I have seen a lot of photos by a lot of people, but I have to tell you the show in the Phinney Center Gallery this month stops me in my tracks. When Andrea Huysing shows me what the world looks like through her lens, I just want to BE HER.


. . .it's not so much out of jealousy that every one of her photos is so much more stunning than anything I've ever taken (which they are, but I am so over that). . .

It is more out of an intense yearning to be able to see the beautiful everyday world the way she does: in intricate detail and in vibrant color. Each image is a simple pleasure to explore. If you live in Seattle you will recognize some of these places/objects, but I guarantee you will never have seen them like this before.
The joys of foreground/background, contrast, composition, positive and negative space, light, and texture are all laid out for you in a way that is a joy to experience whether as an art geek, or simply as a being. She shows me intricate everyday subjects, with all the sharp and honest detail of unaltered uncropped photography presented in a very contemporary frameless style, a very simple sensibility that inspires me to say, "Ah ha! I SEE."Come on down and see for yourselves. Opening night for “Life in Color,” the photography of Andrea Huysing is Friday September 12, from 7 - 9 p.m. The show runs through Friday, 26th September 2008. If you need a preview, already missed the show, or if you just prefer to experience life virtually check out her work at http://andreadesigns.com/ >>Back to main blog page

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Your email didn't actually get to me and Todd asked what I thought of your drippingly sweet post! Thank you so much for your support and enjoying my photos! I am truly flattered and honored.

    LOVES!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete