Bill Fenimore, Facilities Curator (Director, actually), sent this detailed outline of ongoing work as part of the upgrades to the site.
A. Community Hall
- New power and controls are in place
- Alternate system for special events in all LED
- Paid for by 4Culture grant
- I am refining the new system to meet the needs of the concerts and dancers
- Integrated Design Lab at the U of W did analysis and a report and proposal that I am hoping to begin to implement
- We would install new fixtures and controls paid for by auction “Fund an Item”. My goal is a finished room in time for this year’s auction if we can manage it. These lights would be highly energy efficient and sense the light level outside and modify their output. They would operate at several levels of output controlled by users. We are hoping that Brian Kemly (Kemly Electric) will help us on this by supplying the fixtures at his cost.
- We are considering an option to pursue added funding through SCL for louvers to bounce light off the ceiling
- This project will include new ceiling paint.
- This contract is being finalized and will be executed in the next 2 months
- Does not address classrooms in either building (as described above, we are going to incorporate advanced controls and day lighting technology)
A. Walls in the Blue Building are now insulated, tested and repairs completed, paint to follow
B. I have pricing for the ceiling (floor of attic) of the Blue Building but this decision is contingent on finalizing a plan to protect the water pipes in the attic.
C. Contract finalized with PSE for insulation in the ceiling of the Brick Building attic. Ventilation analysis will be necessary.
3. Interim upgrades to Controls Heat and Ventilation that I am considering (this is a wish list)
A. Honeywell remote thermostats for central administration of room temperature in Blue Building
B. Should develop analysis of existing heating controls in Brick Building
C. Separate H/V for Community Hall
D. Heat pump to replace electric heating in Red Room could be subsidized by SCL
E. Analysis of all potential to utilize existing ductwork
4. Blue Building Sewer
A. Sewer project is completed
B. Bodine construction is providing the repair at their cost.
5. Weather envelope Blue Building
A. Roof is in good repair and maintainable
B. Painting, caulking and sill repair is now annualized maintenance (lead paint abated in 2001-2002)
C. Gutters are deteriorated, but maintained
D. The single pane double hung windows should be up-graded and then tested with a blower door.
6. Weather envelope Brick Building
A. Roof on Brick Building is nearing completion
B. Repairs to the sheet metal fascia will be accomplished in house
C. Restoration of the exterior wooden brackets is not part of the weather envelop but necessary for the architectural integrity of the building
D. Brick is in fair condition with the exception of the Fan Room which is extensively deteriorated (due to the deterioration of a steel lintel)
E. Chimney was lowered and restored after the 2001 earthquake
F. Windows will be difficult to upgrade but will need restoration
Also, some interesting infrared images were taken during the survey for insulating the Blue Building...