Friday, March 20, 2009

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful...."

...Well, at least it has been the last three times we've held our Annual Greenwood Garage Sale Day. That was in April. People got tired of trying to sell old family heirlooms in the rain, sleet and snow. Not funny.

SO... we're moving the big day from the third weekend in April to Saturday, September 12.

Frankly, I think this is perfect as it is only two days away from my sister's birthday and I'm sure I can find something appropriate at one of the 100 or more sales all over the neighborhood or at the on-site flea market.

How about you? Is September 12 the perfect day for a neighborhood garage sale or what?

Hey! We aren't gonna know what you think unless you tell us, so gather up your courage and write a response to this post...


>>end post<<

2 comments:

  1. I agree that September is a better month for the garage sale...it's always disappointing when the weather is so bad that no one wants to be outside! Thanks for making this change...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little sad. I look to this event as a big kick off for garage sale season. Too bad it could not have been moved to May or June.

    ReplyDelete