Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Fridays at the Phinney Art Gallery




As I drive, bus, walk or bike by the PNA I often glance in the windows to see what's going on in there. A friend and I set off last Friday to see what this month's First Friday art opening was all about. We wondered if we had the date right, the building looked dark, but as we rounded the corner to the packed parking lot, we knew there was yet another happening at the PNA. We clomped upstairs to a packed landing filled with regular people sipping wine, and munching snacks while perusing the exhibit, entitled SALON NO. 4. The exhibit is a showing of artists, from the Seattle Print Arts group and includes Maggie Booth, Betsy Best, Spadaro, Laurie D. Brown, Susan Gans, Judy Gregory, Toni Santos, and Kathryn Trigg. I am a huge fan of block prints and one of my favorite pieces is called 24/7, a true to life saga in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment