Good news! This week’s House Capital Budget fully funded the Heritage Capital Projects Fund, 29 projects from around the state including $995,000 for PNA’s Blue Building Renovation. While this is exciting news, we’re not done yet. With over $5 million raised to date, this grant is very significant in reaching our goal of $7 million to complete Phase II of the Community Begins Here Capital Campaign.
We need your help today to ensure this level of funding from the Senate. The Senate is finalizing the budget as we speak. It is URGENT that your Senators hear how important it is to you – their constituents – that their budget fully funds the HCPF.
NOW is the time to act. In the next 24 hours, please contact your Senators by email or phone to send these TWO simple messages:
1) Please fund the HCPF at the same level as the House – the full $10 million; and
2) Ask them to contact Senator Kilmer with the message that this is a high priority for their district (Sen. Kilmer is Vice-chair and lead on putting together the Capital budget).
Some tips we learned in Olympia this morning about how to MOST effectively contact our Senators during this time-sensitive period:
• Your email “Subject” line should indicate that you are a constituent from their district;
• Be sure to personalize in some way your email (e.g. mention the PNA’s project); and
• Best method is to email your Senator; the second best method is to call his/her legislative aid directly. If you leave a message, be sure to indicate that you are a constituent!
Click HERE to find your Senator and their contact information, and here’s the Senators’ emails in the three closest legislative districts to PNA.
Finally, we cannot stress more that…
THIS IS THE FINAL STRETCH! Together, we’ve accomplished more than many thought was possible. Your emails/calls WILL make a difference. Please make contact with your Senators in the next 24 hours. Let’s do this, team!
Lee Harper, PNA Executive Director