Monday, August 18, 2008

I WON! I WON!! I...LOST?!?!? hahah, it's ok...

Howdy folks:

Recently, i entered into the video contest for the Gumshoe/Mystery Week.

At first, my submission was the only one and on the final day of submission (August 6th), there were no other video entries so I thought I'd win by default.

Not so. Apparently, there was a submission but we no one noticed that it was submitted at Red Mill Burgers.


Let me tell you: it was a very superb submission. The whole schtick about "disappearing food" in Red Mill was cleverly done and quite funny. Excellent editing, acting, and script writing.

Mine, however, is an incoherent "quasi-trailer" that barely made sense. In order for it to make sense, you'll have to watch the full 8-minute short film for it to make any sense.

So yeah, my "rival" or "opponent" won the video contest. I just heard the news this morning when I was commuting to work. It's ok, though. I'm not mad or sad. I think I tried my best and I humbly accept the vote of the crowds for this video contest.

If there's gonna be something like this next year, I encourage all of you with video/filmmaking skills to participate. And yes, if this is gonna happen next year, I shall come back and enter that contest...to redeem myself.


hahahhaha, oh well, maybe next year, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment